Rockwell servo drive

jonfarrugia

I have a question regarding removing a servo drive from an application while keeping the remaining servos running.
We have an application were the ab plc running studio v24, is controlling two independent machines. The customer wants to be able to totally remove and repair a servo from one machine while keeping the other running. Now normally I would create independent motion groups but since Rockwell doesn't allow this yet... I need to find a way to disable the drive in error and keep the others running. I've found now that a drive that goes into a configuration error, which occurs when you disconnect a servo, causes the other drive to go into error too. How would I get around this without manually going into the program and ungrouping the disconnected servo? Can I dynamically ungroup or disable the drive to keep the others going?

Last edited: