Control Logix DH+ to Ethernet Gateway configuration

meghnesh

Hi,

How to configure Control Logix DH+ to Ethernet Gateway ?

I have 10 PLC's on a DH+ Network which say have node numbers from 1,2,3,4,...10.

Now how can I covert the DH+ network to Ethernet network ??
What tool or software do I need for this configuration ??

Please guide..

What is commonly done, is using a DHRIO card and ENBT card to bridge the DH+ to a controls LAN, allows RSLinx to navigate between them, as well as allowing for a pretty wide range of messaging options between controllers.

So you just put the cards in a chassis with a power supply and connect the networks. Then you PC can use RSLinx to drill into the ENBT module, then "see" the DHRIO module, expand that and there is you list of DH+ nodes. This means you can go online with them using programming software, connect certain HMI combinations across the bridge and more.

I don't remember exact details about how to configure the DH+ baud rate and other advanced settings but I suspect it can be found by right clicking in RSLinx.

Last edited:
What is commonly done, is using a DHRIO card and ENBT card to bridge the DH+ to a controls LAN, allows RSLinx to navigate between them, as well as allowing for a pretty wide range of messaging options between controllers.

So you just put the cards in a chassis with a power supply and connect the networks. Then you PC can use RSLinx to drill into the ENBT module, then "see" the DHRIO module, expand that and there is you list of DH+ nodes. This means you can go online with them using programming software, connect certain HMI combinations across the bridge and more.

I don't remember exact details about how to configure the DH+ baud rate and other advanced settings but I suspect it can be found by right clicking in RSLinx.

These are the ones we sell http://www.ebay.com/itm/370407766215 or here http://www.plccable.com/allen-bradl...1756-a4-1756-pa72-data-highway-plus-ethernet/

If you go this route let me know and I can help you set it up... as Paul said they work great