Micro830 USB Communication

rustyanddusty

I just bought my first micro830 and can't get it to communicate with my PC. I loaded CCW software. When I bring up RSLinx it shows the USB icon but doesn't recognize the PLC. Any ideas?

could be an issue with rslinx

Repair RSLinx Classic from Start --> Control Panel --> Programs and Features then reboot the computer.

Re-install RSLinx Classic by right-clicking on Setup.exe and selecting Run as Administrator

I just bought my first micro830 and can't get it to communicate with my PC. I loaded CCW software. When I bring up RSLinx it shows the USB icon but doesn't recognize the PLC. Any ideas?

I don't know what the problem is, but here's something you might try that isn't too difficult or time consuming

make a 1 rung simple program. build it, right click on micro830 in the project tree, and try to download it seems like it should have recognized it in linx, but give this a whirl ...see what happens

I assume you musta downloaded the usb driver or it wouldn't have appeared in linx

Use CCW software to talk to and program the 830
check the firmware of the PLC it might need updating

Just read the Pasted part of your post

I would check the USB comport settings - usually you dont touch the rslinx side of this