S7 300 Problem with using Chinese signs as a CHAR

salamander

Can somebody help me. I need to use 3 chinese signs (前照灯) as a 3 CHAR in DB. My regional settings in windows are set to chinese also the project in s7 is set to chinese.Language and mnemonics are set to English. When I am using this signs in for example network comments, there is no problem. When i am using this signs in DB as a CHAR type, this signs are automaticly changed to question mark (?). I had read everything about this in S7 help and changed every setting which was mentioned there. Thanks

A CHAR is a byte (8 bits).
An S7 CHAR can only contain ASCII character, which do not include asian characters.
A chinese letter is normally a UNICODE character, which is normally 16 bit long (but can also be 32 bit).
So it is totally impossible what you are attempting to do.
* LD beat me to it.

i am sending a code by using tcp/ip to the printer (to print a product label) and i need to print this 3 signs (because part will be exported also to asia). The printer prints text which is stored in these bytes (one letter one char) so i am trying to find a solution how to do this.

Use bytes instead of chars in the DB, when you know the binary code for the 3 chinese chars enter them in the DB.

thanks for the unicode numbers. Now i discovered that the printer can print also the unicode signs. But i must start the unicode with $ sign. Unfortunately in s7 i cannot use single $ as a CHAR and i must use $$ and that should be the reason why the printer cannot accept the code. printer type is hermes a4 maybe somebody did something like this and will give me some advice.

Forget using CHARs in the S7 program.
Just use a BYTE or INT, depending on if the printer expects an ASCII or a UNICODE character for the $-sign.
If BYTE, put B#16#24 (24 hex = 36 decimal = ASCII $).
If INT, put 36.