1771-ASB remote I/O adapter

Someone asked me and I had no answer nor could I find it in Allen-Bradley documentation. Any ideas? I understand the B refers to series.

I *think* the B at one time did mean series, but in true AB fashion, then they started using the slashes. Whatever. Does it really matter? The B was to distinguish between it and the really old AS adapters.

My guess was always that it meant "Adapter, Serial".

The B was definitely to distinguish the second generation adapters from the 1978-vintage 1771-AS.

Similar Topics

Hi all, I am in the process of updating a PLC-5 processor to a ControlLogix L72 processor. The ControlLogix processor will communicate with 4...
Replies
Views
L81 series processor, DHRIOE 1756 card, communicating to some old PLC 5 IO. Site wide power outage after power up everything is okay except 1...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, Trying to bench test the I/O on a program that I converted from a PLC-5 processor to a ControlLogix processor but still using the...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, Long time user of the site but this is my first time posting. I have a 1756-A4 rack with a Logix5562 in slot 0, 1756 ENBT/A in...
Replies
Views
I have a new project that is replacing the PLC-5/30 CPU with a 1771-ASB and ControlLogix CPU. This line is all blue-hose comms to 5 racks and the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom