Compact Logix Analog Input Problem

chintankAne

Hi, I am using L30ERM as my controller and 1769-IF4XOF2 as my analog input module. and Rslogix5000

I applied voltage (0 to 5 V DC)on my input chanel 0 but still i did not get any change in my input value tag.

I attach some pic that may helpful to help me on this problem
and attach pic of how i connect Analog voltage on card.
PIC 1.jpg

PIC 2.jpg

PIC 3.jpg

PIC 4.jpg

Hi, I am using L30ERM as my controller and 1769-IF4XOF2 as my analog input module. and Rslogix5000

I applied voltage (0 to 5 V DC)on my input chanel 0 but still i did not get any change in my input value tag.

I attach some pic that may helpful to help me on this problem
and attach pic of how i connect Analog voltage on card.
View attachment 34402

View attachment 34403

View attachment 34404

View attachment 34405

I hope I'm not going to look stupider than I usually do, but I don't see any reference to Local 3:I.Ch0.Data in your ladder logic. It looks like maybe you re expecting INPUT to contain the analog value, but I don't see any alias or any place where INPUT is associated with the actual analog input

What if you were to include a MOV in there that MOV ed Local 3:I.Ch0.Data into INPUT... or substituted Local 3:I.Ch0.Data for INPUT in your CPT ?

Last edited:
My Input tag is define for Alis Local 3:I.cho.DATA

It doesn't appear to be in your attachment that shows the properties

attachment 34404

Sorry, I'm wrong, that's the analog Input I'm looking at... are you sure the INPUT tag is aliased to the analog input ?
Just for kicks , why don't you substitute the actual Local 3:I.Ch0.Data for the INPUT in your CPT?

Last edited:
Go to the properties of your card 3 and click on the tab were you setup the scaling of your analog input and let us know what it shows

It is compact logix. i can not scale my card just go to Configatrution>proporties>And scale

For scaling i use CPT instruction.

It doesn't appear to be in your attachment that shows the properties

attachment 34404

Sorry, I'm wrong, that's the analog Input I'm looking at... are you sure the INPUT tag is aliased to the analog input ?
Just for kicks , why don't you substitute the actual Local 3:I.Ch0.Data for the INPUT in your CPT?

I tried with same as well first i put Local3:I.Cho.Data in CPT but it is not working so i create new tag of INPUT but still same problem.

Is the module configured for voltage and the channel enabled

Ohhh ya i think i did not configure module for voltage and enable my channel.

Would you please provide me guidance how to configure module for voltage and enable channel.
If it is possible than give some snap..

Thank you friend

Right click on the card in the I/O configuration tree and select properties. Then search through the tabs along the top, you should be able to find it fairly easily