Instrument Wiring conections

alanyap

Hey guys,
These are my concerns,
how do i know when to use the appropriate connections for these situations.

case 1:
AI card - Siemens 7kf02 - set to configuration to accept RTD
Instruments - RTD

case 2:
AI card - Siemens 7kf02 - set to configuration to accept 0-10Vdc
Instruments - potential meter with external 10Vdc Power supply.

As i know, 7kf02 can be either in sourcing mode where it can supply 24vdc to the instruments or in sinking mode.

Those wiring configurations confuses me.. any guidance??

Thanks alot!!~ appreciate it!! (y)(y)

if it is in sourcing where the input supply 24VDC means it is active input and you don't need external 24VDC in circuit. you go from + on the card to the + on instrument and - from instrument to - on card
with sinking, or passive you have to go
  1. active instrument (supplying 24VDC): + instrument to + card and - instrument to - card
  2. passive instrument: + 24VDC ext power supply to + instrument, - instrument to + card, - card to - ext power supply

if it is in sourcing where the input supply 24VDC means it is active input and you don't need external 24VDC in circuit. you go from + on the card to the + on instrument and - from instrument to - on card
with sinking, or passive you have to go
  1. active instrument (supplying 24VDC): + instrument to + card and - instrument to - card
  2. passive instrument: + 24VDC ext power supply to + instrument, - instrument to + card, - card to - ext power supply

Hi, this is what i've understand based on your explanation,
Please correct me, if i'm wrong....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kcwmdnpcbtcvnj5/Wiring%20Configuration.jpg?dl=0