Communication between Quantum and RX3i via modbus tcp

misel00

Hi everyone! I'm working on a project where I need to communicate a Quantum with a RX3i PAC. The only available driver on the Unity Pro v2.1 (used upon client's request) is for 90-30. I'm wondering whether this driver would be ok to communicate both equipments or if a different one is necessary. If so, how do I request this data on FBD?

On the other hand, a Magelis panel is used as interface. Can I simply add a new modbus device and request data from the RX3i? It seems a better solution than just having to send the data from RX3i to Quantum to Magelis. I'm using Vijeo Designer V6 (also upon client's request).

Any insight on this is much appreciated

First decide where you want/need the MB-TCP/IP Server. This will be the device which collects data from all the clients and distributes it as needed. The RX3i can go either way depending on the type of and age of the Ethernet port, don't know about the rest of those devices.
As a Server code will need to be written in the RX3i, as a client the CPU or Ethernet Module may need to be configured to turn this on.
Read the Data Sheet or Manual for the RX3i Ethernet port you have, it can be found at: http://support.ge-ip.com/support/index?page=docchannel&locale=en-US

Thanks RussB, I'm working on the I/O scanning. However, I'm still unsure on how to proceed on the Quantum side for communications.

If anyone has a routine model for Quantum mb-tcp comm, please let me know.