micro 820

siggibald

i have an micro 820, when i was downloading program to the plc the power was turned off and now it is inpossible to get contact to the plc with ethernet or serial cable, the run light i just blinking

is any way to fix this ?

...the run light is just blinking
The Micro820 User Manual says that the green RUN indicator blinking means that the PLC is in Program Mode.

The old SLC fix for resetting to Default state was to remove the PLC battery and then discharge the internal capacitor.

Is the green COM status indicator on or off? If off, you have lost your RS232/RS485 communications.

Last edited:
I know this is a really old post, but did you ever find an answer to this? I have a micro 820, solid green enet, flashing fault

It wont do anything, I cant connect to it

It's kinda bizarre,

I start a new program, go to connect (opens rslogix) click on the micro 820 that shows up,

It asks to download, I choose yes
Asks to download program, yes

All is good without the world!

Then I change a few things in the program, try to download again and it faults out, nothing will clear it.

Shutdown the ccw program, rslogix, open new program again, repeat above and it works, until I try to download a second time......

I'm going to see what happens if I shutdown the program after every program mod, just seems like a real buggy system. Can't believe they are discontinuing the ml 1000 for this

Is the run light solid or blinking? Have you tried removing power to the micro 820? They have been solid for us on many different applications

Yeah, I have removed power, tried a few dozen times. I'm slowly Comin ng to terms with the family t it's either my 820 or my computer just doesnt like this software.

I just close and restart the program everything I change something in the program.
Anyone have tips connecting this think to a proface HMI?
I'm thinking modbus

Yeah, I have removed power, tried a few dozen times. I'm slowly Comin ng to terms with the family t it's either my 820 or my computer just doesnt like this software.

I just close and restart the program everything I change something in the program.
Anyone have tips connecting this think to a proface HMI?
I'm thinking modbus

I connect mine to a panelview 800 and its great. You also program that in CCW. Or they have those cheap rem-LCD screens. they are not touch screens but you can change some values, or have different color backgrounds in case of a fault or something. Shows your I/O

i know this is an old question but i have a probable solution, assign a static ip and include the settings in every program change, this solved about 90% of this kind of issues.

I know this is an old question, but if you ever find yourself in this situation, change your IP address on your computer to 169.254.0.1 and subnet mask 255.255.0.0. Then exit out of RSLinx and go back in. The Micro should then show up under the Ethernet IP driver. The micros will default to that IP address scheme.