Panasonic servo with Mitsubishi FX3U

medkhai

I am using servo for the first time.
We use PLC Mitsubishi FX3U-48MT which has transistor outputs.

The servo driver is Panasonic model MADHT1507U, together with motor MHMD022G1U.

What is the best way to communicate between the PLC and servo driver.
My application is a 1 axis linear slide for positioning.

In the brochure of Panasonic driver it says " Multiple control
features such as pulse, analog, and network technology in real-time communication "

I know pulse train is simple, but in the manual for MINAS 5, I cant seem to find where the pulses from PLC would be connected to the servo driver... where are the pulse train inputs on the driver?

I think they go to the parallel connector, but if somebody has experience with these drivers, please help.

Othwerwise, is there a better way to communicate from the PLC to the driver?

Thanks
Med

There are two main options here that you suggest.
If you use Pulse Train then the speed and positioning is controlled by the PLC
- do you want this? This is normally reserved for stepper motors
The Servo is usually far more accurate
So the PLC only tells the servo to start
Go home. And call several predetermined programs.
- positioning speed torque is a programmable closed loop system