Sample Code for L24ER

Bering C Sparky

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all,
As much as I hate to just come right out and ask for sample code from you guys, at this point I think it will be my best bet for answering some of the questions that I am encountering and helping me get past my learning curve for this project.

If any of you have a program already made using a L24ER, that includes scaling of embeded AI and AO as well as useing the embeded HSC, and would be willing to share this with me so I have something to referance, I would be ever in your debt.

Our bandwidth sucks (more than usual) for some reason and trying to search the internet has become a painstaking effort.
(We are using a Sat Link for internet and it is SLOOOWW)

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Widelto,

Problem is how to use and set up. Never done it so curve for sure. I am having a good time trying to figure it out though, like doing this much better than pulling wire or turning wrenches. ( Although I have to do those also so it takes away from my PLC time)
Dont see that instuction in the program so assume it is something that must be imported and set up in the programing.
I will look at what you sent over though, thanks for that.

Could also just use CPT since I dont need to call this mutliple times.

At this point layout and structure are my big hurdles which is why I think a compleated program to referance would make things alot easier to connect all the dots, but I will keep at it.
I have only been working on this project for a few hours the past 2 days, but seem to be having a hard time wrapping my head around the sturcture of 5000 and getting started laying it out.

I am used to the 500 structure, so I keep trying to relate everything back to that.

Kind of like learing a 2nd language, you try to translate everything into the language you already speek and then reply in the new language. Its not efficent and can often be confusing.

Todays a new day and hopefully will be able to put some more time into figuring it out.

Once I have done the first one the rest should come alot easier.
Took me 2 years to teach myself 500, so I guess I should not expect to pick up 5000 in 2 days. (I have never had any formal training or classes on PLC, just learning by doing)

Have a good one and thanks for your help.

BCS

Last edited:
Bering:
You have to download the file, then unzipped it. Then open rslogix5k, import it as an AOI and install it inside your Rslogix5k application. From that point on you can use it in your application as many times as you want.