Connected Component Workbench and PanelView c400 HMI

JohnKhoury28

Could someone please guide me as to why i got an error message after loading a .cha file into my c400 HMI display? I wrote a fresh program into Connected Component Workbench and save the program file into a USB thumb drive. Made sure it was validated before I exported it to the USB. There were no errors after validating the program. After, I copied the file into the internal memory of the HMI display and tried to run the program, the display gave me an error message which states, "2008: cannot run application, application version incompatible." Why would I get this error message? How can I resolve this discrepancy? Please let me know as soon as someone get the chance. Thank you for your time.

You most likely have a firmware mismatch between the terminal and CCW. You'll need to flash the terminal to a suitable firmware version. If you need further assistance then please provide the terminal's firmware version and which version of CCW you are using.

Regards
George

Open the system information screen on the terminal to check the firmware.

If you have anything older than v1.80 firmware, then it will not work with CCW v7. v1.80 added support for CCW v6 or above. v1.80 is also the latest firmware available for the PanelView Component terminals.

G.

Last edited:
Need help on upgrading the Firmware for the Panel Terminal to v1.80 without having to go through RSView32. It looks like the firmware upgrade wizard is accessed within RSView32. Is this wizard not a standalone program?

It should be a lot simpler than that...

76793 - PanelView Component Firmware Upgrade Procedure
Access Level: Everyone

G.

Had a Panelview 800 supplied today. came with firmware 2.020 onboard out of the box.

had to flash it up to 3 from firmware on rockwells site. did this via USB easy enough.

using version 9 of connected components workbench software

Rob.