Help with Klockner Moeller

Eric Nelson

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
One of my customers purchased a used machine with a Klockner Moeller PS4-201-MM1 PLC in it. The program was gone, but they were able to obtain the original program from the OEM, but only preloaded on a plug-in memory module, not the offline file*. The machine now functions, but not everything works. In order to troubleshoot further, I would need to buy the software and programming cable. Since I don't envision ever needing it again, I'd rather not waste money on this one time project. Never mind having to also learn how to use the software. :rolleyes:

I'm wondering if anyone here knows of someone in the North NJ area that is capable of going online with this PLC???

*While digging around for information, I found THIS POST from Ron Doran (I miss Ron :() talking about not being able to upload without an offline copy. Is this true?

🍻

-Eric

Thanks for the replies guys. Can you believe it has been 7 years since Ron's passing (Dec. 2, 2007) :(

Thanks to THIS POST, I was able to get the software, and my customer made up a cable. I successfully connected to the PLC this afternoon, and can view status, etc. with no problem. (y)

Unfortunately, it looks like the 'no upload' is true. I read that the source file might have been saved to the memory module, but when trying to access the memory module, I get the message: "Access to the Memory Card is not possible with this OS-Version" (see attachment). (n)

I get the same message in v5.00 and v5.05. Any idea what this means?

I have good news though! I went through the schematic (Yes! there was actually a schematic!) and found some safety devices that were tripped. After resetting them, the machine now runs!

I'd still like to get online if for no other reason than to make a backup of the program, but at least the machine works again. :cool:

🍻

-Eric

Clipboard01.jpg