Step 7 PG/PC Interface Drivers Disappeared

Hi All,

I seem to only post on here about things that are wrong with my step 7 interface rather than genuine issues. However the internet and these forums (as far as I can tell) do not have the answer.

A colleague of mine has had a sudden problem occur when using step 7. He cannot connect to any PLC or other devices using his laptop. When he tries to change his PG/PC interface there is no drivers showing.

Before this time he could use wireless, hardwired Ethernet, profibus, MPI and more...

When he tries to install some drivers from the PG/PC interface from the interfaces option Step7 claims that there are loads already installed. Even when trying to add or remove drivers none showup.

There is a picture attached to help explain.

We have restarted the laptop many many times, rolled back to a restore point in windows, checked all S7 services, stopping and restarting the configure workstation tool a few times.

We have no idea what is going on. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Cheers

S7 Failure.jpg