S7300 plc + cp343-1 lean -> wago

boneless

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi all,

I am tasked with quoting a solution in which our two S7300 PLC's with added 343-1 LEAN CP is supposed to communicate with two WAGO IPC 758.

My client is assuring me that we can use Modbus TCP, so I am looking into that. I have found the examples and I think I found the correct license. Can somebody confirm my item number?

2XV9450-1MB00
S7 - OPEN MODBUS/TCP FOR NCM_CP, SINGLE LICENSE, ON CD

As said, we have two PLC's with each a CP, both are communcating with the same two WAGO PLC's. I am assuming we are the SLAVES. This means each CP has two connections.

Do I need 2 or 4 licenses?
Is it possible to buy this digitally? We would need this rather sooner than later...

Wago has a library called s7 db read which allows you to read and write directly to a data block in a siemens cpu. No orogramming required at the siemens cpu.

I have used it with the newer ethernet controller. 750-8xx series.

It might work with your ipc. Worth trying as the license for the siemens modbus fb is too expensive.

Hi again Rohan,

Just wanted to let you know it works great! You saved my client about 5000 euro's and me a big head ache!

If you are ever in Oklahoma, let me know, I owe you a beer or two! :)

Wago has a library called s7 db read which allows you to read and write directly to a data block in a siemens cpu. No orogramming required at the siemens cpu.

I have used it with the newer ethernet controller. 750-8xx series.

It might work with your ipc. Worth trying as the license for the siemens modbus fb is too expensive.

Where can i find this library for wago plcs?! Thank you!