Iconics Genesis32 V 7.1 Tag Database extraction

meghnesh

Hi,

I am struggling to extract the tag database from Iconics.

Its using RSLinx OPC server to communicate with Rockwell PLC's.

There is an OPC TAG BROWSER tool from Iconics. But this tool is showing all the TAGS created in the particular PLC's..

Out of all these tags how can I extract the tags which are only and only used in Iconics ??

Please help.

Hi,

I am struggling to extract the tag database from Iconics.

Its using RSLinx OPC server to communicate with Rockwell PLC's.

There is an OPC TAG BROWSER tool from Iconics. But this tool is showing all the TAGS created in the particular PLC's..

Out of all these tags how can I extract the tags which are only and only used in Iconics ??

Please help.

Since Iconics Genesis32 is completely OPC based, you don't create tags in Genesis32, you simply use tags from the OPC Server. That means there isn't a "tag database".

The Alarm and Trend modules *do* setup tags so you *could* export AlarmWorX and TrendWorX databases to see the OPC points that are always in use, but the OPC tags in GraphWorX are only in use when they are being displayed on the screen. You could go through all of the graphics files and search for tags that may potentially be referenced (if the screen happens to be active) but I don't know of any other way to do it.

If you are trying to convert from Iconics to some other SCADA or HMI, this is probably the only solution.