How to run RSView32 w/o activation key?

ckchew666

Hi,

I wonder how can we run RSView32 without the activation key? I've the master floppy diskette with me, do I need to change any settings on the files?

Anyone can help?

Thx.

If the master disk has activation, and program won't run with
this disk in your floppy drive, you can use provided utility
to move the activation to your PC's harddrive.

Panic mode: The activation key is not in the floppy diskette, only with the original floppy diskette, can we open RSView32 for temporary use? Thx.

I believe that if you run RSView without any activation it will start in demo mode - meaning a 2 hour time limit and 30 tag limit.

You said that you have the master disk. Why don't you start RSView with the master in the floppy drive? It will start with the license you purchased via the floppy. If the PC doesn't check the floppy for the activation file then follow the instructions below to enable it.

grs

From the activation help file:

Systems attached to extensive networks can take quite a while to search for activation files on all available drives. You can use the CHECKDRIVES environment variable to specify and/or limit the drives your software checks for activation files and to specify the order in which they are checked.

To set CHECKDRIVES:

1 First make sure CHECKDRIVES is not set in ROCKSOFT.INI, RSI.INI or ICOM.INI, if these files exist on your computer. (This sounds backwards, but because of the variety of different systems and products that may or may not use an .INI file, we are going to set environment variables by other means.)

a Look for ROCKSOFT.INI, RSI.INI, and ICOM.INI on your hard disk. If they exist, they are generally located in C:\WINDOWS. Use the Find utility if your operating system has one. If ROCKSOFT.INI, RSI.INI, and ICOM.INI do not exist, skip to step 2.
b Open ROCKSOFT.INI in a plain text editor such as Notepad. Repeat steps b - d for RSI.INI and ICOM.INI if they exist.

Do not use a word processor to edit the .INI file.

c Look for a line containing CHECKDRIVES= in the [COMMON] section of the file, and delete that line.
d Save and close the file.

2 Use the procedure given below for your operating system to set CHECKDRIVES.

§ Windows 95 or 98, Windows 3.1:
Open AUTOEXEC.BAT in a plain text editor such as Notepad. Add the line
SET CHECKDRIVES=drive_letters
where drive_letters is a list of drives to check and the sequence in which to check them. The line can be in upper or lower case and punctuation is not required between the drive letters. Save and close AUTOEXEC.BAT. Reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.

Do not use a word processor to edit AUTOEXEC.BAT.

§ Windows NT 4.0 and above:
Open Control Panel, then System and select the Environment tab. In the Variable field, type CHECKDRIVES. In the Value field, type the drive letters to check for activation. Use no spaces or punctuation between the drive letters.

Example

SET CHECKDRIVES=AQC causes the software to check drives A, Q and C in that order for the activation file.

Note: CHECKDRIVES overrides KEYDISK. If you set CHECKDRIVES to check your floppy drive for activation, then you don't need to set KEYDISK.

grs said:
I believe that if you run RSView without any activation it will start in demo mode - meaning a 2 hour time limit and 30 tag limit.

You said that you have the master disk. Why don't you start RSView with the master in the floppy drive? It will start with the license you purchased via the floppy. If the PC doesn't check the floppy for the activation file then follow the instructions below to enable it.

grs

From the activation help file:

Systems attached to extensive networks can take quite a while to search for activation files on all available drives. You can use the CHECKDRIVES environment variable to specify and/or limit the drives your software checks for activation files and to specify the order in which they are checked.

To set CHECKDRIVES:

1 First make sure CHECKDRIVES is not set in ROCKSOFT.INI, RSI.INI or ICOM.INI, if these files exist on your computer. (This sounds backwards, but because of the variety of different systems and products that may or may not use an .INI file, we are going to set environment variables by other means.)

a Look for ROCKSOFT.INI, RSI.INI, and ICOM.INI on your hard disk. If they exist, they are generally located in C:\WINDOWS. Use the Find utility if your operating system has one. If ROCKSOFT.INI, RSI.INI, and ICOM.INI do not exist, skip to step 2.
b Open ROCKSOFT.INI in a plain text editor such as Notepad. Repeat steps b - d for RSI.INI and ICOM.INI if they exist.

Do not use a word processor to edit the .INI file.

c Look for a line containing CHECKDRIVES= in the [COMMON] section of the file, and delete that line.
d Save and close the file.

2 Use the procedure given below for your operating system to set CHECKDRIVES.

§ Windows 95 or 98, Windows 3.1:
Open AUTOEXEC.BAT in a plain text editor such as Notepad. Add the line
SET CHECKDRIVES=drive_letters
where drive_letters is a list of drives to check and the sequence in which to check them. The line can be in upper or lower case and punctuation is not required between the drive letters. Save and close AUTOEXEC.BAT. Reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.

Do not use a word processor to edit AUTOEXEC.BAT.

§ Windows NT 4.0 and above:
Open Control Panel, then System and select the Environment tab. In the Variable field, type CHECKDRIVES. In the Value field, type the drive letters to check for activation. Use no spaces or punctuation between the drive letters.

Example

SET CHECKDRIVES=AQC causes the software to check drives A, Q and C in that order for the activation file.

Note: CHECKDRIVES overrides KEYDISK. If you set CHECKDRIVES to check your floppy drive for activation, then you don't need to set KEYDISK.

GRS: Thanks for ur reply and explaination, appreciate that :)

Here is the activation Floppy image along with instructions to activate RSView32:

http://rapidshare.com/files/362439073/RSView32_activation.rar.html

enjoy.