Apple and Rockwell

arkansascontrols

Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone running Macbook with Parallels?

For the record, I've been using a Macbook Pro with Parallels for the last 6 months and have had no SERIOUS issues with any of the latest Rockwell Software until recently. The issue I'm having is with RSLinx Enterprise Communications Configuration in FactoryTalk View ME.

When you launch the Configuration dialog to define the Topic Name and path to the controller the dialog appears to go into some sort of program loop, with fast repeating refreshes. The Right Hand pane never Displays the Linx Enterprise Server or drivers.

Common Stuff;
Windows 7 Service Pack 1(all current MS updates)
Parallels 10.1.1 (Latest/Current Version as of today)
FactoryTalk Services Platform 2.60.00
FactoryTalk View Studio Enterprise 7.00.00
RSLinx Enterprise 5.60.00
RSLGX 5K v20.01.00
RSLinx Classic 3.60.00

Linx Classic works without issue
All other software works without issue
FTView Studio works in all other ways except for Linx Enterprise Config.

I have reinstalled Linx Enterprise
I have reinstalled Windows and all Rockwell Software
I have reinstalled Parallels and Windows and all Rockwell Software

Once it begins looping, it's Modal to the Application and cannot be stopped until it times out, which usually takes about 2 minutes.

I'm convinced it's not an issue with the installation (Windows, Parallels or Rockwell Software) and is related to the VM, but am at a loss for anything else to try.

Anyone else running a similar configuration have similar problems or know of work arounds please share.

Cheers!

I use VMware Fusion 7.0 on my Mac. The VM is Win7 x86. I haven't any problems with Rockwell Software that I can attribute to the VM itself. I also have FTView 7.0 installed. I haven't used it for ME projects, but for SE ones. Have you installed the latest FTView patches?

Last edited:
I also use VMWare Fusion on a mac. Have had zero problems attributed to it being a mac/running VM's, just the usual windows and Rockwell problems. So IMHO I would disagree with you, I would suggest it's probably a Rockwell problem, not a VM problem. Especially if it was working, and then stopped working.

The first thing I'd try would be to install the latest patches, as the post above suggests. Then try repairing your FT Services Platform.

Have you searched the Rockwell KB for anything related to what you're seeing?