AB 1766L32BXB PLC how to connect outputs.

mbreddy

Hi all,
I am new to PLC and recently started learning PLC programming.
Started with simple program wiht IN0 and OUT0.I wrote code to energize OUT0 when there is voltage in IN0 and dumpled into the PLC. I can see the change in IO for OUT0 status in PLC lcd indicators but when i am trying to measure OUT0 with voltmeter , it is not showing anything but i can measure IN0 voltage.

I didnt connect anything to OUT0 pin.simply measuring voltage.
Now could you pls let me know if i have to connect anything for OUT0 to measure voltage or did i miss anyghing.

thanks,

Hi mbreddy,

welcome to the forum.

on the ML1400, OUT0 is an isolated relay output, so requires a 24 V voltage supply onto terminal DC0, which supplies that output only.
OUT1 is similar in that it has a Voltage terminal DC1, whereas other digital outputs are grouped as a block.

Try connecting the 24V to DC0 and let us know how you get on?

In the box with the processor should be a wiring card, giving you the terminal layouts