Factory Talk Se Momentary Button

PLC_Newbie_18

So I am working on a project, very simple, nothing complicated.

I have a bunch on momentary buttons all over the screen. One day i added another one to the screen and saved the project. I opened up the runtime version to test it and i could highlight around the botton but i could not press it. Its like its focus wasnt there to press. But all of the other buttons worked. I made sure that it was "Brought To Front" so there shouldnt be any issues with that.

Also when i am in the studio program creating it and i hit the little "play" button on the top left, the button works there, but it dosent actually work in the runtime application.

Very confused here, please help!

Did you delete it and recreate?
And a warning... For all momentary buttons in FTView, I have a forced unlatch (OTU) instruction in the PLC just after the rung the button is used in. FTView has a habit of leaving 'Momentary' buttons latched.

Yes I have deleted, recreated, copied an existing and changed the tag name and none of it seems to work. And as far as the plc side of it, im not even able to press the button. If i put my cursor over the button it will highlight it, but if i actually click, its almost as if im trying to press on a panel display or something. Havent seen this one before.

Thanks

No thats the weird part, even if i copy the button i am not able to press it.

I have no visibility settings, the button is directly placed on the open backround so theres nothing causing it to not be "visible". Its exactly the same as all the other buttons i use.

Heres another one, the blue circle are the ones that are working, the red circle is the one that isnt, I just recreated it quick for the screen shots thats why theres no name on it. All the buttons are momentary, and the tags are out of the same UDT so its not a bad tag or anything.

Bad Button 3.jpg

I added the tag by click on the tag icon, and then scrolling thru the tags out of the PlC.

And that specific tag in the Plc is only used as an xio and xic, there's no ote,otl, or otu using that tag.

Can you check the properties of the button to make sure it doesn't have the same name as the one you copied it from. I'm sure I've come across this in the past with buttons not having a unique ID.

I checked in the object explorer to make sure the name dosent exist twice and it dosent, ive also changed the name of it to like momentarybutton450 just to make sure that its way far away from any number.

If i copy this button and go to another screen and paste it, it will work.
Thats another weird part of it. But i checked through all of the display settings and everything matches the other screens.

Doesn't look like this is it from your screenshot but sometimes you can get issues if something is on the edge of the screen and although it looks ok part of it is actually positioned off screen.

When you click on the running man to test your application have your tried expanding the status bar at the bottom of RSView to see if any warnings or errors are generated?

So heres what i found out what caused it.

I had an alarm banner at the bottom and i put a fault reset button next to it and then grouped them together. It didnt like this but i never got any warnings or error messages.

I deleted that banner, copied everything from that screen and pasted it into a new screen. After this everything went back to normal and i could create buttons, ect like i had been able to previously.