WAGO 750-352 Coupler

musman

Hello, I am using WAGO 750-352 coupler to receive data from the reomte PLC. I want to save this data on my PC. My PC can communicate with the Coupler only via Ethernet. How can I achieve this task? I am new to the PLC, so it would be great if someone explains it in simple language.

Thanks

The coupler is a slave device. In order to read data from it you'll need a program on your computer to read the data via ModbusTCP or Ethernet IP.

I recommend using a controller such as the 750-881. It's more expensive than the coupler but you can directly write your data to MS-SQL server. The price you pay for the controller will more than offset the drivers and software you'll need on the computer end. We do this all of the time and I can help you set up your application. Feel free to PM me.

Good luck,

Yosi

hello Yosi,

the thing is that i don,t have controller. my boss has already designed the system using WAGO 750-352 coupler and now I have to work with it. So, can u please tell me which program I need on my PC to read data from it?

I'll be glad to give anyone all of the information once we've got the basics worked out. He needs help solving this problem now and the fastest way is to chat.

As for the issue at hand. In order to get data from the coupler into an application you'll need either a SCADA package with ModbusTCP or an OPC server (KepWare, Matrikon, etc.)
For SCADA: Simply move the data to SQL with the integral tools available in most packages.
For OPC: Write some code to move the data to SQL. With KepWare you can buy the logger option and transfer the data based on time or event.

My preferred solution would be to use a controller instead of a coupler and have the controller write data directly to SQL server (or MySQL.)

Yosi