setting timers in plc s7-300 and s7-400

behnamelfy

Dear all colleagues and members
I have worked for a company and I created a program for them for small automation but they dont want to give my money back
I want to set a timer in program to disrupt program after 2 month later and if they give my money back I'll fix it and if they didnt I dont fix it
how can I set a proper timer or timers in siemens s7-300 simatic manager to disrupt all program after one month or 2 month
I know something about programing in ladder

your commands help a young engineer to get back his right :D :cool:

Dear all colleagues and members
I have worked for a company and I created a program for them for small automation but they dont want to give my money back
I want to set a timer in program to disrupt program after 2 month later and if they give my money back I'll fix it and if they didnt I dont fix it
how can I set a proper timer or timers in siemens s7-300 simatic manager to disrupt all program after one month or 2 month
I know something about programing in ladder

your commands help a young engineer to get back his right :D :cool:

WOW! I am having difficulty with the
words-for-ethics.jpg
involved here.

This is NOT the way that any reasonable 'engineer' would handle the situation that you are attempting to remedy.

setup the clock memory in the cpu .
use one bit of the memory byte(ex for 1 sec pulse).Add each sec in a ADD Integer and then compare your pulses(sec) whit your prescription time (also in sec), the result can enable disable a FC or an FB .(easy way)
Have fun and get your money for your work but do not use it for extortion .

One thing is to do it when you rent/lease out machines, but when you are employed by a company?..

I probably upset some people with this statement but i will take my chances :)

If you don't know how to program this which can be done in many many ways and is relatively simple then i understand why the company wont pay you any money.

I probably upset some people with this statement but i will take my chances :)

If you don't know how to program this which can be done in many many ways and is relatively simple then i understand why the company wont pay you any money.

well, my first thought also. and had the same hesitation yesterday so didn't write it down, then ;)

It's a bit of an unclear story though... you don't get payed but afterwards you're still allowed to access the machine to mess with it? maybe he should really do it and teach the supervisor a lesson too

thanks a lot for your curious and prejudice responds
in this case I know how to use s_pulse timer or or other timers in simatic but I cant use it for a long time like one month every timer can be use for specific time and I cant use it for a long time I did think and found a answer to set some timers in series direction
I wanted to use innovative ways
some of you had a suspicious thoughts about me
but in this case I didnt get any money from start of my work until now I bought some tools for cabinet and also part of plc paid by me
I think if my supervisor will not get back my money what can I do to give my money back ?
I dont have any contract and that was my fault cause I didnt sign any contract

Still I say it is a curious story.

You should not look at timers. You should either look at comparing PLC time with a end date, or set a time-of-day interrupt.

If they are not paying you for parts you purchased, take the parts, they will not be able to run the PLC without?

If they did not pay you for your work, then delete the program altogether?

You shouldn't look at any programming at all, but at making up better contracts. In that case, if the client doesn't pay in time you can hire a lawyer and get your money in an ethical and legal way. If the client is found condemned by law this lawyer shouldn't cost you anything because the client will have to pay that money too.

"Reflect before you begin" is about the best advise you can get in any situation. Just count your losses for now and look at these as learning fees.

You know guys it's complicated the supervisor said I'll pay you when all system work properly I've concern to give all things to him and after that he doesn't want to pay me as I said I have not any contract with him and following the story with lawyer take more times from me and at last I can't give money back so I decided to do that and if he'll pay me I will delete that interruption
I don't why people think that I want to cheat to my supervisor I could ask my question in other way but asked with honestly just I want to satisfy my concern

I already have you the solution.

If you can't make that to work, I wonder how the program looks.