Crimson Help

carson

Hi, I am new to the Crimson Software.
I am running Crimson 3.0 on a PTV Station, I want to subtract a tag value that is constantly changing from constant value and display the result every time it changes any help will be welcome

That sounds pretty easy.

Let's say the Constant is "100" and the changing value is represented by a tag called "Changing_Value".

In a Data Box object, you'll configure the Data Source Value field for "General" type, and just enter "100 - Changing_Value" as the expression.

You can give yourself more flexibility by storing the "constant" as a tag itself, like "Full_Scale_Value", and running a one-time Program at powerup that sets the Constant value. That way you can use that Constant everywhere in the program but if it changes you only need to modify that one-time Program.

That sounds pretty easy.

Let's say the Constant is "100" and the changing value is represented by a tag called "Changing_Value".

In a Data Box object, you'll configure the Data Source Value field for "General" type, and just enter "100 - Changing_Value" as the expression.

You can give yourself more flexibility by storing the "constant" as a tag itself, like "Full_Scale_Value", and running a one-time Program at powerup that sets the Constant value. That way you can use that Constant everywhere in the program but if it changes you only need to modify that one-time Program.

You don't need to set it in a program, Just change the source to General and type the number you want it set to. If you type it with a decimal place it will be treated as a float, without a decimal it is an signed integer.

That makes it a true constant. Of course, you can't change the value through the display, but you can change it in Crimson 3.0.