PanelView 900 ?'s

Williyb

I have a panelview 900 that is about 8yrs old. I have never uploaded the program for a back up. I tried but keep getting a error when I try to open the program in panelbuilder. It says Cannot open Application program no uploaded information. I think it says this, I didnt write it down. I have tried to upload three different times but still the same problem. Any ideas? The file size matches what the panelview config screen says? I thought maybe I have a version problem but I tried using two different laptops. Ones been updated one hasnt.

No ideas?

Is there any type of security that is set up from the OEM that could keep this from being looked at. It's saving the file because the file size on the laptop matches the file size on the panelview. I couldnt find anything on the knowledgebase that has this type of error. I also tried uploading using the WinPFT file transfer utility program and came up with the same error. I went back and wrote down what the error says,

Terminal Application does not contain upload information

Since nobody else has replied, I'll have a go....

1)What version of PanelBuilder are you using, verses what model No. of Panelview terminal??

2)Would it be possible for you to post the file on this website & maybe somebody could try to open it for you??

Regards
Ian

I think the problem is come from your Panelbuilder version, try to use higher version from your version.What is your version number?
If you want, I will try to open it for you.

Regards,
Deer

There is an option in PanelBuilder32 that allows a user to download a cut-down version of the PanelView application file that does not include the data necessary to upload and re-constitute the source PanelBuilder application file.

This feature was sort of obscure in old PanelBuilder versions; I think it was turned on and off in a registry entry. Nowadays it's automatically done if the project is too big to fit in terminal memory.

Usually this was done to reduce the size of the downloaded file, so it would fit in the terminal memory. Sometimes it was done by an OEM to prevent reverse-engineering of his PanelBuilder application.

I don't know of any way around this problem. You're going to have to get your hands on the source PanelBuilder file.

Thanks for the replies. I've out of state the past week and havent had a chance to check back. I can post the file when I go in tonight. I have a original that was given to us from the OEM but it doesnt match what we currently have. My idea is they have been back in the plant when the spiral was installed and made the changes but we never got the updated file.

Deer, can you e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll send the file to you if you dont mind trying for me.

I'll check my version number first, I know it hasnt been updated in the past year. Not sure when the last version came out. Anyone have the latest version number they can post here so I can check when I get to work tonight?

PanelBuilder32 is at version 3.81 at this time. I don't think it's a revision problem, considering the age of the PanelView terminal.

Thanks Ken, I suspect your right. Seems how I have two laptops with two different revisions and neither one will open it. I'll continue to talk with the OEM. Thanks again