Interget Counter Problems - Step 7 300

KSrpr

Hello Guys, I am new the forums ad well as a novice programmer/troubleshooter.

My software is Siemens S-7 for a 300 PLC.

My problem: Coding, I have a program (1-6) that goes through number of cycles when the cycles are done. The counter compares in a fashion of Count(>=)number of cycle. Then when is met should reset, then move onto the next program 2 and so forth.

The counter is in the MW110 integer and being compared via integers. While in the rotation one the cycle number is reach. instead of resetting the MW110 climbs several more values.

the fashion of how I am resetting is moving zero into the location of MW110.

I am confused to where to look for the solution. I was hoping I could gain some insight from any of you.

You shouldn't reset the counter like that. If it's a block style timer it should have an R pin. As soon as that is set to a logic 1 it will reset the counter. If you have MW110 (or whatever the word) was, set as the CV of the counter, trying to move a 0 in there will not reset the counter.

Make the comparison, if the comparison is such that the counter should be reset, set a bit that is attached to the counters R input to reset the counter.

Are you sure you are not using overlapping M bits, for example MW110 occupies the same memory space as MB110 & MB111 and also the same space as M110.0 through M111.7 inclusive.

Thanks, Yes I am positive that I am not over lapping memory according to my reference/assignment table.