Most wanted, S7-400

Im newbie for Siemens PLC. Know and programming on S7-400 little bit.
So i'm going to make my first project.

then i dont know what plc is fit for my project.
Pls help me choose
1. CPU
2. Communication module
3. Analog in/out module
4. Digital in/out module

3 analog input, 3 analog out, 6 digital input and 6 digital output use for my project.
My project about automatically control valve depending on tank level.
and monitoring and controling from Wincc

pls write module's part no.
and give me some advice

Please help mee

Hi tsenguun,

Siemens S7-400 is a very powerfull PLC usually used for quite big installations. If you don't plan to make your application much more bigger an S7-400 would be an overkill. For proposed application an S7-1200 would be powerfull enough and the programming basics are the same (if using TIA Portal), with same diferences.

If you want to use STEP 7 5.5 then i would use an S7-300 with a 312C and with modules (6ES7331-1KF02-0AB0 + 6ES7332-5HD01-0AB0).

Best regards,
Kelkoon

312C is obsolete. I would not recommend it, or anything else without ethernet onboard.

S7-1200 would be an OK fit. S7-1200 is programmed with STEP7 TIA.

IM151-8 with ET200S modules would also be an OK fit. IM151-8 is programmed with STEP7 5.5 (aka "classic").
If you want to go this way, I could specify the part no's for you.

Hello Mr. tsenguun odgerel,

If you work only for a small project, and you like siemens PLC's, S7-1200 is suitable for the job, and not that expensive. Simatic Step 7 V11 (TIA portal) is similar to simatic manager step 5.5, the OB's, FC's, Data block and so on. Just compare the price for the logo and the s7-1200. I had tried once the cpu1212c and it only cost me a 950 Riyal= around 180 USD.