Wonderware Archestra

Hi,

I want to move the value from one integer to another integer.

I had two pumps. If i click pump A ON command from SCADA Push button, Pump A and Pump B must turn ON.

Pump A and Pump B was different objects. I need to move the status of Pump A to Pump B address to achieve my requirement.

I used IO extension on the object but unsuccessful.

Please suggest is there anyway to do this.

Hi,

I want to move the value from one integer to another integer.

I had two pumps. If i click pump A ON command from SCADA Push button, Pump A and Pump B must turn ON.

Pump A and Pump B was different objects. I need to move the status of Pump A to Pump B address to achieve my requirement.

I used IO extension on the object but unsuccessful.

Please suggest is there anyway to do this.

May I know what is your purpose in moving the value of a integer into another one? why don't you tag it with the same? clarify the question please. thanks

in addition, are you using single faceplate to run the two devices?

Last edited:
Currently i am upgrading the PLC from S5 to S7. The wonderware tags were connected to S5 PLC. I was given only a limited shutdown time, in that time i cant able to migrate the whole setup.

So some portion of logics will be executed in S5 and some portion will be in S7 PLCs. But the SCADA tags were all linked and controlled by S7 PLC.

All the graphics fields were pointing to S7 tag objects. If i am giving start command for a Pump whose logic were executed at S5 PLC, then i need to move the status from S7 tag to S5 tag in order to perform the logic.

Basically i need to move the values between the objects. Hope you understand.

does your S5 PLC link to the wonderware pc? if not, do you have some communication between s5 to s7 and what type is it? my only suggestion is creating an FC at s7 plc where all your Data Flags(Status,Commands) will be transfer to s5 addresses (in short data mapping and that will take some effort to map all the periphery) if you have some comm. with both PLC's where i supposed there is.

by the way, what model is your S5 PLC?

Last edited:
S5 PLC was linked to Wonderware. I cant able to establish S5 - S7 commnucation, because S5 communicating via profibus interface with SCADA, whereas i am using ethernet in S7.

I need to do data mapping only in Wonderware object level.

This script is applicable to be used in Intouch application. In that case i need to edit the reference in smart object at graphics level.

Is there is any script function to be used in object under the archestra environment.

As far as I know there are some codes at smart objects same as the intouch. try to use the IOSetRemoteReference script there then just add some custom properties where in you will able to tag the s7 and s5 plc addresses.