Measuring Motor speed By Proximity switch

alijuda

Dear My Friend
I needs help to measuring motor speed by using Proximity switch and Serrated disc with 14 convexity
Thats mean I will have 1 pulse in each 0.002 Second

Is possible to use I:0/0 in ML1400 1766-L32BXB to made CTU and take the C5:0.acc in each 5 sec and Divided the C5:0.acc / 14 to find RPM then MUL the result by 12 to find RPM in 1 minut

waiting your help and advice
Best Regards
Ali

The MicroLogix 1400 has onboard high-speed counter circuitry that allows it to count very fast pulses that could otherwise not be handled by ordinary ladder logic.

The very fast 500 Hz+ frequency of these pulses means that the High Speed Counter features will definitely need to be used.

An excellent example of using the High Speed Counter (HSC) feature in conjunction with the Selectable Timed Interrupt (STI) is described in RA Knowledgebase Article ID # 19445, Using STI To Calculate High Speed Counter Rate Value on MicroLogix Controllers. A TechConnect support contract is required to view that document.