**Real Simple????**

jimmy13

Add new module, grayed, Just installed rslogix 5000 V17, selected a controller (tried a few) no matter which one I choose... no tags, no ability to add new modules. I intend to program offline and the program is unlicensed for 6 more days. what am I missing? got to be something right in front of me! something simple!

Last edited:
Just installed rslogix 5000 V17, selected a controller (tried a few) no matter which one I choose... no tags, no ability to add new modules. I intend to program offline and the program is unlicensed for 6 more days. what am I missing? got to be something right in front of me! something simple!

are you right-clicking on the compact bus? Or backplane?

is "new module" greyed out? Or is there nothing in the list that opens?
what happens if you create a rung and type in some tags.

Last edited:
all I have done is selected a controller, gave the project a name, then went to add a module, that's it. there is nothing else. no bus no e-net module

Last edited:
Luke, I tried to add ladder functions and everything is grayed out... I can not do anything, is this possibly because the version is not licensed or should I have selected simulation mode? I have programmed offline almost every program, this is the first time I have worked with an unlicensed program with a 7 day grace period, could this be the problem or did I blink and not enable something, usually I just select a controller, then select the I/O with no problems... here everything is grayed out... never experienced this.

tried compactlogix maybe 4 of them, contrologix another 4, I think it is the licensing, if you can think of anything else please post, but I will have to call someone... thank you for your time and efforts... hopefully i'll get you back later.

Was the program originally created by a vendor? If so, then the program may be security locked and you can only edit it if you have the security code. I have experienced this with a Cleaver Brooks boiler using a CompactLogix processor. I eventually had to contact the vendor to get them to add a remote EStop for the boiler that we needed for a remote operating variance.

Was the program originally created by a vendor? If so, then the program may be security locked and you can only edit it if you have the security code. I have experienced this with a Cleaver Brooks boiler using a CompactLogix processor. I eventually had to contact the vendor to get them to add a remote EStop for the boiler that we needed for a remote operating variance.

He created a new application.

I'm wondering if it is somehow opening as Service Edition. Service Edition does not allow any editing. If you go to Help and About RSLogix 5000, look at the top of that window and see if it tells you whether you are using Professional, Standard, Compact, Service. See what edition it comes up as.

OG

yes

He created a new application.

I'm wondering if it is somehow opening as Service Edition. Service Edition does not allow any editing. If you go to Help and About RSLogix 5000, look at the top of that window and see if it tells you whether you are using Professional, Standard, Compact, Service. See what edition it comes up as.

OG
it is "SE", this explains a lot!!!
Thank, you

Last edited: