1756-ENBT not detecting RSLinx but Project does

Bolatov

Hello guys

I want so check a failure with you

I have a 1756-ENBT that is in a local network connecting to a 1756-EN2T

Well I cant see the 1756-ENBT in Rslogix in that local network,

I have some produced-consumed between both and in the 1756-EN2T I have I/O OK solid green and I can receive fine my consumed tags

On the 1756-ENBT side the components that report to this PLC are working fine with no I/O Error

so that makes me believe that the cable is not a problem but a configuration problem

ips are ok, same gateway, what should I check ?

Just to make sure I understand....It sounds like on the PLC side everything is great, no problems. The problem is with your computer not being able to see the ENBT in the "local" chassis. Is this correct?

If so, can your computer see the EN2T? What are the IP Addresses, subnet mask, and gateway for all devices?

What do you see in RSLinx? Do you see a red "X" or something else? What RSLinx driver are you using and how is it configured?

OG

I might be misunderstanding - but

have you "added" the missing module(s) to the I/O Configuration area? ... basically - Right-Click the Backplane icon - and continue on from there ...

secret handshake: modules don't just automatically "pop up" in the I/O Configuration the same way that they do in RSLinx ...

if this doesn't get you where you need to go - consider posting a screen shot with some more detailed information ...

Last edited:
Want to update this issue, im not sure what happened but when I turn off the equipment and turn it on it the display in the ENBT said Duplicate IP Address, I disconnect the ENBT, and ping the ip address to look for the duplicated but received none response, anyway I change it address and now it works fine

any ideas of what could happened?

It seems like they were 2 items with the same ip address, because the display of the ENBT said so

ENBT 192.168.101.100
Laptop 192.168.101.17

anyway I disconnect the ENBT and ping at 192.168.101.100 and received none response

a ghost device?

It seems like they were 2 items with the same ip address, because the display of the ENBT said so

ENBT 192.168.101.100
Laptop 192.168.101.17

anyway I disconnect the ENBT and ping at 192.168.101.100 and received none response

a ghost device?

Greetings.
Do you see all the devices on the network in RSLINX? If any of the devices do not show an image that is typically due to missing EDS files for that component. I'm not sure if that would make a "ghost" scenario though. If the mystery device is operational you would think it could answer a PING command. Maybe someone else here could add to that idea...

If you did not receive a ping response then:
1- That is the wrong IP
2- ENBT is not connected to the network. Try different cables/switch ports.
Use a crossover cable and connect the ENBT directly to the laptop.
3- ENBT is bad