RS Linx enterprise problem

Hi guys,

I had a problem when i want to upload an application from Panel view plus 400 (2711P-K4M20D8). The panelview icon at RS Linx enterprise is yellow question mark. But when i checked at RS Linx classic 2.57, It's shown as panelview icon correctly.
Because of this problem i, couldn't upload/download the application.
Is there any solution for this problem?

I'm working on VMware Win XP SP3

Thanks in advance,
Kardel

Can you post a screenshot of the Linx Classic and Linx Enterprise screens, showing what you describe?

It's probably a firmware revision issue.

RSLinx Enterprise device identity information is hard-coded into the software. For RSLinx Enterprise to support a new revision of device, you need to upgrade or patch the software.

RSLinx Classic device information is contained in EDS files. In general, to support a new revision of device you just need to install and register the appropriate EDS devices.

The good news is that you can copy a *.MER Runtime file off a PanelView Plus terminal using a CompactFlash card or USB storage device, so the upload feature is not as critical.

@ASF Here are the screen shots attached
@Ken Roach I will try to upload it through compact flash or USB device. Is it possible to download to the device if the icon is still yellow question mark?

rsl classic.jpg rsl ent.jpg

kardel.sharpeye said:
...Is it possible to download to the device if the icon is still yellow question mark?

Depending on which version of FTVStudio you are using...

68959 - The destination selected is not a valid FactoryTalk View Machine Edition Station destination
Access Level: TechConnect

If you are already using v5.10, or higher, then just look to the last part regarding the Transfer Utility.

It's possible that your Transfer Utility is too old a version to transfer to/from your PVP 6 terminal?

I posted some info on this not too long ago...

Machine Edition Transfer Utility (METU)

And this Technote also adds the download for METU v8...

460773 - Downloading a runtime (*.mer) from FactoryTalk View v5.10 / v5.00 to a PanelView Plus 6 or PanelView Plus 7
Access Level: Everyone

Transferring by USB flash drive is far easier and I would also recommend you get into that habit.

By the way, and on a separate note...

In RSLinx Classic, your icon for the PanelView Plus 6 400 is a "gray box", not a PV icon. The correct EDS file may not be registered for it. This can happen when newer type terminals, such as PVP 6,7,8 are browsed to from slightly older version of RSLinx Classic, who do not have the newer PV EDS files pre-installed.

Regards,
George

It looks like Ken and George are several steps ahead of me on this one (as usual!) so I'll leave you in their capable hands :)