Armorblock communications

wperriman

I'm installing a system with 7 Armorblock modules, 1732-16CFGM12R. They are connected to a Compactlogix 5336 controller and I cannot figure out how to read a communication failure between them. In the module configuration I see that I can set the processor to fault out if the connection fails but it seems like there should be a way to set an HMI warning that the connection has failed without faulting the processor, I just can't figure out how to read the fault. If anyone has configured these and can point me in the right direction that would be great.

I use a general-purpose connection monitoring method based on the Get System Variable (GSV) instruction and the EntryStatus attribute of the Module Object.

This is common enough that there's a little Programming Manual dedicated to similar aspects of Logix 5000 programming: Logix 5000 Major, Minor, and I/O Faults Programming Manual, 1756-PM014 [Direct Link].

You will also find quite a few discussions of the topic here on the Forum if you search "GSV Entry Status".