RX7i convert to PC-based

jdbrandt

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a RX7i application that I would like to "convert" (or, perhaps <port> is a better word) to ...well, something else.

The code is Proficy ME 5.60...

The good news is that the processor is stand-alone, and the only 'cards' in the chassis are an ethernet card, and a third party fieldbus network card. No digital or analog I/O cards at all.

But, before getting all complicated, I thought that, just perhaps, the application could simply be re-hosted, on a PC platform, versus the RX7i.

So, my view of the end is a stand-alone PC box, with a processor running this RX7i app, and a PC-based fieldbus network scanner card, and, of course, an ethernet card. (After, of course, grooming the app to accomodate the PC-hosting)

Is this even possible?
Has anyone on here actually tried this?

An Open Controls solution for Proficy? Don't get me wrong, I hate Proficy, but some things are worse.

An Open Controls solution for Proficy? Don't get me wrong, I hate Proficy, but some things are worse.

A classic "fear of the unknown".

For the RX7i the closest thing I know of that is a "direct" port over is an RX3i but just another PLC/PAC.

am maintainer of a system which has GE FANUC rx 7I series CPU with profibus card (SST-PFB3-VME ). i just had a problem that the devices stop commutnicating. SYS led on the card is bling red 4 times and green. COMM led is not lit.
I inserted a new card which we held as spare. and inserted it. the SYS led is glowing AMBER. i transferred the firmware file "PFB3.SS3" and made autorun=PFB3.SS3. and resetted the system.
But i see still the system is not working. and the system is not operational. i am trying to connecting through SST configuration tool. Default ID of dat system is 21 and Baud 1.5. but it was not connecting. can you pls suggest me . how can i go upon. as our plant is not operational and down. PLs can u help how da hex adress can be changed for initial operation is dere any tool or by hyperterminal.
It will be very grateful if u get me a way ahead to solve this.

First a couple of observations here:
1. You should always start a new thread with a new question.
2. A Forum is not the best place to come for information in an emergency.

For the issue at hand:
There may be faults in the CPU that are causing the problem, have you looked at those with Proficy ME?
For help with the Profibus card you may want to contact the manufacturer of it, for help with the RX7i GE may be able to assist, they are here: https://ge-ip.force.com/communities/CC_Contact

am maintainer of a system which has GE FANUC rx 7I series CPU with profibus card (SST-PFB3-VME ). i just had a problem that the devices stop commutnicating. SYS led on the card is bling red 4 times and green. COMM led is not lit.
I inserted a new card which we held as spare. and inserted it. the SYS led is glowing AMBER. i transferred the firmware file "PFB3.SS3" and made autorun=PFB3.SS3. and resetted the system.
But i see still the system is not working. and the system is not operational. i am trying to connecting through SST configuration tool. Default ID of dat system is 21 and Baud 1.5. but it was not connecting. can you pls suggest me . how can i go upon. as our plant is not operational and down. PLs can u help how da hex adress can be changed for initial operation is dere any tool or by hyperterminal.
It will be very grateful if u get me a way ahead to solve this.