output bits

this may be silly, but can you be more specific?
is the Output not turning on in the ladder logic, or is the field device not working?

point being- I am currently working on a PLC 5 120V output myself and at first I didn't realize they were isolated outputs. The card I'm using is a 1771-OD16.

From your description, the PLC output isn't turning on. If you have another ring of logic somewhere referencing the same output, the PLC will do whichever rung executes last.

Another thing to check - is the PLC in Run or Program mode?

If in a ladder other than Ladder 2, make sure there is a JSR to that ladder.

And do like Davek0974 says, right click on the output & click on Find All; in the results box see if there is more than one OTE, or maybe a OTU unlatch somewhere too. The last scanned line with the output rules.