FactoryTalk View Expressions

DonKnotts

I'm new to FactoryTalk and have gotten stuck on an expression. Here was my expression for OR the inputs together. {[PLC]Electrode_1_Bottom_LS} OR {[PLC]Electrode_2_Bottom_LS} OR {[PLC]Electrode_3_Bottom_LS} my problem when testing was that the inputs were XIC instead of XIO so I need the inverted state of them. I tried this: NOT{ [PLC]Electrode_1_Bottom_LS} OR NOT{[PLC]Electrode_2_Bottom_LS} OR NOT{[PLC]Electrode_3_Bottom_LS} and it verifies but when I test the application it says my expression is invalid? There must be something I'm missing?

You could try
(NOT{[PLC]Electrode_1_Bottom_LS} OR
NOT{[PLC]Electrode_2_Bottom_LS} OR
NOT{[PLC]Electrode_3_Bottom_LS})

but what are you trying to do?

IE if anything turns off an indicator turns on? (Just checking if another kind of statement would work.)

You could try
(NOT{[PLC]Electrode_1_Bottom_LS} OR
NOT{[PLC]Electrode_2_Bottom_LS} OR
NOT{[PLC]Electrode_3_Bottom_LS})

but what are you trying to do?

IE if anything turns off an indicator turns on? (Just checking if another kind of statement would work.)
I don't get it but this is pretty much what I had before but works NOT {[PLC]Electrode_1_Bottom_LS} OR NOT {[PLC]Electrode_2_Bottom_LS} OR NOT {[PLC]Electrode_3_Bottom_LS} must have missed a space somewhere.

Thanks for your help

I put parentheses around it, I have seen Or/And statements have issues without parentheses.

Edit: You also had 'NOT{ [PLC]Electrode_1_Bottom_LS}' that originally, I changed to 'NOT{[PLC]Electrode_1_Bottom_LS}'.