profibus DP over wireless 2.4 GHZ ???

sarv83

i have two trio KR240 Radio Modem. could i connect a siemens PLC with DP port to an ET200 over profibus DP protocol by using the radio modems???
i want to have a wireless profibus connection with these radio modems.
what is the settings in radio and plc???

RE: Wireless Profibus
yes you can. i would look at the M2M DATAEAGLE 3000 series since they are plug and play.

Last edited:
Technically Profibus cannot communicate over a wireless link. It’s a synchronous protocol that is very sensitive to timing. I’m not familiar with the Dataeagle device but I’m guessing that it bridges Profibus to some other protocol. So basically what goes across the wireless link isn’t Profibus.
In principle that should work but I’m sure there will be applications where the timing to critical so testing should be done prior to committing to being able to do it.

I'm sorry to all This is a late reply and just logged in after a few months of inactivity....

The S7 is using Profibus DP, which is a synchronous protocol on a serial line. This protocol is VERY time sensitive, which is fine when you run it on a wire. Wireless links however have to overcome interference, which leads to jitter, causing a bus error. You can use the M2M DataEagle 3000 Series, which filters, compresses, transmits the data packet and regenerates a clean clock and timing on the other side.

Technically Profibus cannot communicate over a wireless link. It’s a synchronous protocol that is very sensitive to timing. I’m not familiar with the Dataeagle device but I’m guessing that it bridges Profibus to some other protocol. So basically what goes across the wireless link isn’t Profibus.
In principle that should work but I’m sure there will be applications where the timing to critical so testing should be done prior to committing to being able to do it.

Dataeagle Offers a 100% guarantee that it works just like a wire or money back.