FT Talk Password Change

For those who say you cannot change the password on a RUNTIME version of FactorytalkView. This maybe old news, for me it is a revelation...

I have done this on Windows 7.0 and the blurb comes from Windows XP.

So the MER file is locked out on the Touchscreen, The Super User cannot be logged in as you don't know the password or the User name.

Go to Start>Run and type in lusrmgr.msc This will produce a pop-up that shows all the registered users.

Hopefully you can figure out who the Superuser is (in my case) I added the Administrator User: TESTING123 and gave him a Password of 123TESTING.

I added this to my de-compiled MER file and then I re-compiled the file. I executed the file in a runtime enviroment.

As the program is running I logged into the program using user:TESTING123 and Login:123TESTING no problems with the log in. I then logged off and I then opened another window and executed "lusrmgr.msc" I right clicked on the user TESTING123 and changed the password to 321TESTING.

I went back to my running Factorytalk View program and logged in entering: the User name: TESTING123 and then entered my changed password: 321TESTING and the program shows me as the logged in user.

Hopefully you get the idea: The user on the running computer is embedded in the software you cannot change this as it is encrypted. You can change the password on the computer as this is not part of Factorytalk View.

I accept no liability for any damage. I would suggest you try this on a development computer before doing this on the factory floor.