Finding Shorted Branch in Logix 5K

Tim Ganz

How can I search for shorted branch in a large RS Logix 5000 Program. I think there is a lot of themm and would prefer to not do it in a manual way.

There is also an option when searching. From the "Find" window, click on the dropdown menu for Limit To and select Shorted Branches. Then hit Find or Find All. It may not have been an available option going back to older versions. It's been there for at least the past several revisions.

The option rdrast mentions will report shorted branches as warnings when verifying the logic. This is a good option for everyone to select. I think it is now a default setting.

I prefer the method rdrast's mentioned over searching as it is really a one-click method and you also can select to also detect AFI instructions.

OG