Powerflex 755 Start/Stop/Run

einnh

Lifetime Supporting Member
Quick question?

What is the difference between START and RUN links when controlling Powerflex755 through Ethernet/IP?

2014-12-05 14_54_46-Clipboard.jpg

When you wire the drive in 3 wire mode, you use the Stop and Start inputs.

When you wire the drive in 2 wire mode, you use the Run input only.
When the run input is off the drive is in stop mode.

Alan.

I just did a project using a PF 753 that I was controlling via Ethernet IP. Ken Roach has posted several ideas about how to best control a PF via Ethernet IP.

Basically, to start the drive set the LogicCommand_Start bit to 1 until the DriveStatus_Running is true. Set the Reference to the RPM or Hz you want.

To Stop the drive set the LogicCommand_Stop bit to 1 until the DriveStatus_AtZeroSpeed bit is true. I also move a 0 into the Reference.

This method has worked perfectly for me. Good Luck.