FYI - Siemens Unmanaged Switch Bug

keithkyll

Have a long rung from PC to PLCs. Bought a X101-1 switch to convert Ethernet (Profinet) to fiber. (X106-1 at PLCs end).
The only configuration is via a pushbutton to step it into different fault reporting modes. This is so you can choose how the fault output operates.
Things like redundant power supply, open link, etc.

I got it into a mode where the Ethernet port was dead. No light. Fiber link and power supply lights were green. Power cycle didn't help. Manual wasn't clear.

Siemens tech support told me it can do this if it was still in setup mode. Needed to push setup button a few more times to cure it. Tech support said he saw it on an X200 product.
I promised to post this undocumented bug. I call it a bug because I think a power cycle should take it out of setup mode. Should also have a timeout.