In Touch Time zones???????

Jezz

Hi All,
Right here's the problem we are running In Touch 7.1 on one of our machines and have Historical Logging set up and have had to set the clock to(GMT) Casablanca ,Monrovia to get the historical logging to work right ,however the old PC has since died and been replaced with a new one running Win 2000 and our IT dept's policy on all new machines is to get the clock up dated off the server every time the PC is logged on meaning the time is now always wrong .I've had a word with our IT dept and there response as not our problem get a patch or something now I can't find a patch and if I remember correctly the only solution is to up grade (which is never going to happen as production want it fixed but won't pay) does anyone have a solution or am I just going to have to bang production and IT's heads together till they understand..

banghead banghead

You may have to set the actual time zone offset as and enviornmental variable (on WinNT and above, make it a SYSTEM variable... Right click "Computer, select Properties | Enviornment".

There was a tech note on this way back when, but the relevant information can be found in the "Intouch User's Guide" manual or PDF file (Chapter 8 on one I have handy here)...

(from guide)

Occasionally, when a HT.UpdateToCurrentTime() function is executed, the
current time displayed at the right side of the historical trend is one hour off. This is
corrected when GMT0, Monrovia, Casablanca is used.
½ To set your time zone when using the Windows 95 (or later) operating
system using AUTOEXEC.BAT:
The setting, set TZ=GMT[+ | -]X, must be included in the AUTOEXEC.BAT of the
computer.
Where: X is the offset from GMT for the time zone the computer resides in.)
For example, to set the TZ environment variable to correspond to the current time
zone in California, you could use either set TZ=GMT8 or set TZ=GMT+8.