Elau Ground/Short Circuit issue.

bigsteve777

HI guys anyone with any Elau experience? I have an issue with a grounding/short circuit fault that keeps coming up via the PacDrive Diagnostic software. It's a 10 amp MC-4 drive with a Max-4 controller. The drive faults out and needs to be reset. We have changed out the motor, cables and drive and still have this issue. Does anyone have any further suggestion one what I can look at to try and find whats causing this issue? What are the possibilities it could be the main controller Max-4?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Has the system been running ok prior to this?

When the fault is reset, does it return immediately ?

Check your PD diagnostics for additional faults leading up to the main one you are having, sometimes the issue can be triggered by something else but land on the last fault.

This issues has been on and off form months and PD diagnostics shows no other unusual faults. An Elau tech we had at our plant suggested that the drive which is older FW Version 11 felt maybe the drive being older could have a bad component. I have since flashed a newer drive town to FW 11. In the meantime they re-terminated all connections again and it has been fine for 3 days. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks for the help!