Static Network in windows 8.1

dlweber

Lifetime Supporting Member
My company does not want Wireshark on there laptop. So I brought my own laptop in to try and troubleshoot this EZTouch HMI that refuses to work for me on Ethernet.

The problem is in windows 8.1 when I click the Set up a new network option all it wants to look for is wireless options. Every other windows I can think of I could set up a manual connection that way.

Does anyone know where to configure a static network in windows 8.1?

Thanks I found it about the same time, now able to "see" my HMI in wireshark, stupid thing still won't ping

What I find weird ( I am not a networking expert by any stretch) I ping the HMI from my computer, the HMI responds (according to wireshark) but request times out anyways

EDIT: The HMI responds to the initial ARP request from the ping but not the Pings themselves

Right now I just have
HMI 10.10.0.217
Laptop 10.10.0.216
Gateway 10.10.0.216 (for now I just have the PC hooked to the HMI directly, maybe there is a different (correct) way to do this)
Mask 255.255.255.0

I do not have a spare switch available for my use at the moment, the switch I have needs rs232 via a db9 to rj45 connector, which I do not have the capability to make at the moment, to program

Last edited: