Tag value for off-line PLCs in Crimson 3

msi124

Hi all. Is it possible in Crimson 3 to assign a value to a tag depending on if a PLC is off-line and unreachable or on-line and reachable. All of the PLCs are communicating by Ethernet with a Data Station Plus. Thanks.

Create a program. Use the "IsDeviceOnline()" function to tell if you can communicate with the external device.

For example (assuming the PLC is device 1):

Code:
if (IsDeviceOnline(1)) {   // communications ok
     myVar = 1;
}
else {                     // no communications with PLC
     myVar = 2;
}

The device number for the PLC can be found on the communications tab in the bottom left corner (I think) when you highlight the device name.

EDIT: Creating a program isn't necessarily required as it can be done a few ways without explicitly creating one.