Micro850 - Variable Speed Pump Schedule

tlowrey

Hello everyone, first time poster here. Hopefully I won't sound as stupid as I think I am. :oops:

I am an old programmer, but have always been interested in automation. I was given a project with a short turnaround and I am having some issues wrapping my mind around how to do some things with PLCs vs. OO programming.

I am trying to build a simple variable speed pump program that will do the following.

1. Have 24 buckets, one per hour, to store GPH from 0-300. These values could change once a month so they need to be stored.
  2. Based on the GPH, the analog output will be adjusted every time the hour changes.

I have a feeling that I am over thinking this. Due to my programming background, I keep wanting to go structured text, but that's because ladder logic is stumping me.

I have the following equipment powered up and ready, but I haven't figured out how to get the current hour with each scan and then change the analog output.

1. Micro850
  2. 24v External Power Supply
  3. MEMBAK-RTC
  4. 2080-OF4 Analog Module
  5. Panelview Plus C600
  6. Really expensive ethernet cable

I hate asking for help, but I am stumped and my project time is limited. Hoping that I can help on this forum soon, but need help on this one.

Thanks in advance!

I just realized that I stated my general project, but didn't ask a question. How can I retrieve the current hour from the RTC with each scan and use it as an input in the ladder or case statement?