ControlLogix

ttran

I'm still researching ways to communicate a ControlLogix machine to one that uses Foxboro I/A DCS. Also, I was wondering if anyone knows is you can use a PanelView with the ControlLogix, and if that would have any effect on the communication with the Foxboro. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Foxboro has been promising an Allen-Bradley ethernet solution since 1999, and we're still waiting.

A friend of mine recently finished a project using Controllogix and I/A, I believe he used a modbus ethernet 200 series FBM, and a third party modbus ethernet card for the Controllogix.

Anything would be better than the system we have, DH+ to a KF-2 that
connects to an Intergrator 30 via serial cable at 19,200 baud.

thanks ken
i've been trying to look that modbus up, but cant seem to find any info on it. anyone with any suggestions? also, someone said something about profibus...any clues on that?

According to the Foxboro Website, they have the following options:
FBM220 1 channel H1 Foundation Fieldbus
FBM221 4 channel H1 Foundation Fieldbus
FBM223 2 channel PROFIBUS-DP

Hope this helps,

Ken

Anything would be better than the system we have, DH+ to a KF-2 that
connects to an Intergrator 30 via serial cable at 19,200 baud.

Ken,
Can you provide me the details of how this is implemented. What is the hardware and the programming required in the ControlLogix. Would really appreciate it.
Thanks

"Ken,
Can you provide me the details of how this is implemented. What is the hardware and the programming required in the ControlLogix. Would really appreciate it.
Thanks"

Sorry, we have not yet migrated to the CL platform. It's my understanding that the CL has to be set up with a PLC-5 memory matrix,
Then connect the CL to Foxboro via DH+ using a KF-2.

There is a better solution but it is much more expensive. You can buy a Special desktop from Foxboro, that sits on the node bus and connects to AB via ethernet. I suggest you contact a Foxboro rep. I have heard of a lot solutions, but have had personal experience.

There is a Foxboro user's site that may be able to help you.
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/

Search the archives, there is a lot of information there.

Ken