Panelview to multiple slc5/03

Benyamin

Dear All,
I would like to know the setup and configuration of a Panelview to multiple slc5/03. Any input will be appreciated.

Regards,

Benyamin

Last edited:
The exact wiring will depend on the exact model of PanelView terminal.

The native network of the SLC-5/03 controller is Data Highway 485. It's typically built as a "daisy chain" with isolator modules at each node.

Those isolators can be 1747-AIC or 1761-NET-AIC. With very few exceptions, those isolators need to be part of the network.

The best installation descriptions for DH485 wiring will be found in the installation instructions for the 1747-AIC and 1761-NET-AIC.

Thanks for the respons, I will try to search deeper, by the way, how about addressing for each SLC, if I have two SLC5/03?
Please help.
Thanks

Regards
Benyamin

In the project under 'Channel Configuration' - 'Chan 1 -System' tab you can set the node address. if you change it from '1' online or after changing it from '1' offline then downloading you probably will have to go offline then change the node number your DH485 driver is looking for. (I haven't done this for DH485 but having to change after downloading is true for other drivers after changing the address.)

I've had success using the 1761-NET-AIC and daisy chaining via DH485. Just be sure to change your node addresses as mentioned above.
icon14.gif