Production monitoring

Caveman

For a 2015 capital project, I have been tasked with a production monitoring project.
This project involves using 13x4 stack lights with simple switches at each station.
I would like to use a 5/03 with net-eni to get on network.
32 sink input card, 32 source output card, SN card, 1791 64 point distributed I/0,
DDE from rslinx to Excel.
Would this be possible ?

Are you building this out of old parts, or buying new ?

There were once upon a time high-density 64-point RIO modules but they have long since gone out of production. 32-bit FLEX is probably your highest density modules you can get today that go on RIO.

I don't like using 5/03 + Net-ENI if I can get a 5/05. I can get you a good deal on a unit lightly used for sales demos.

Old parts. I have several of those 1791-IOBW's, so it can be expandable to cover more of the plant. Can you PM me on the price of the 5/05?

I have an SLC5/05 in a training kit posted on the “buy/sell” section of this sight.
http://www.plcs.net/cgibin/auction/auction.cgi?category=***********&item=1418503690

Depends on your budget. DDE will require a licensed (paid) version of Linx such as Linx OEM.

Or you can use Archie's AdvancedHMI to transfer data without needing Linx at all.

Personally, if it's data collection, display, analysis, logging, I would use Ignition (log to SQL database). The prices are on their website. Maybe overkill for your application...