Dialing a modem from wonderware

Is it possible to dial a modem using wonderware? I need to be able to dial a pager in case of a certain set of alarms. It doesnt need to do anything besides dial the modem. No commands or strings need be sent. Thanks in advance.

Matt

How about

What about using RSLinx to trigger a modem to dial out? I have a wonderware system with 11 PLCs attached to it, so I really dont want to do this using the PLCs.

Is it possible to load up hyper-terminal to dial with a batch file, or some similar small terminal program? If so you could set up a batch file to start up the term program and dial. I know Wonderware can run a batch file.

Similar Topics

Hi all, I have a client who wanted to upgrade their PC workstation using NI Lookout and Windows XP. Eventually they want me to replace Lookout...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a quick question for you guys. I have a network of 6 SLC 505's all connected via ethernet and to a main 16 port switch. I'm trying to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've got a client with NI Lookout for their HMI, and it calls out for alarms through a PCI card modem; they have several remote locations...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I'm creating a FactoryTalk Veiw application with multiple dial up sites. the customer want to dial in periodically to see what's...
Replies
Views
Does anybody have the phone number for the Rockwell Modem Demo Lab? I need to test my remote connection ability. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom