PV and FTView SE

ASF

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

I've got a customer who's currently got a delta PLC and HMI controlling a handful of mixing tanks. We're about to put in a ControlLogix PLC to control the whole line, change the Delta PLC for a Point I/O rack, and provide another 15" touchscreen attached to the existing FTView SE system to run the line. However, the customer still wants a small display screen local to those mixing tanks (the new, larger touchscreen will be across the room). The customer wants to stick with the AB ecosystem, but I'm wondering what the best way to integrate this is, given we already have an FTView SE system in house?

Can a PanelView Plus be integrated into the SE environment somehow?

Is there a reasonably priced option for an 8-10" touch panel running windows that I could set up as another client? (note: I have a fairly restricted space to fit whatever solution I use - the existing delta HMI is mounted on the top of a sloped roof panel (don't ask) so it can't be too deep)

Any other advice/solutions/options?

Thanks!

No, you cannot integrate the PanelView Plus into the FTView SE system.
Without knowing any other details/needs, I would look at adding an SE client for those mixing tanks. Make it a thin client. Having all your HMIs on one system makes changes/troubleshooting/training/etc. much easier.

You CAN use the PanelView Plus as a thin client (via Terminal Services RDP). That's only viable if you already have networking, a Windows RDP server/licenses, and extra FTView SE client license setup.
You could look at using a touchscreen & thin client computer box to do the same thing as well, and yes you can find touch screens around the 7"-10" size. That is likely your slimmest option for cabinet depth.

If you just want to run local screens on the PVP, then make a FTView ME project.
Or you could also use a computer to run FTView SE Station or FTView ME Station. Either of those options give you isolation in the event anything goes wrong with the FTView SE system or computers.